With day to day activities like lifting, bending, twisting and sports related function in hockey, basketball, soccer or golf, we often came to take our body function for granted. Imagine that one day you are not able to twist your arm, or even sit still for a mere second due to pain. This creates a huge disruption in our day to day activities.
At Amberlea Physiotherapy in Pickering we believe in fixing the root cause of the issue as well as learning about our body in order to create a long sustaining recovery. Physiotherapy is a form of therapy to restore and regain physical function in individuals. We believe in attention to detail and that Physiotherapists are experts in handling any muscular and skeletal injuries that arises due to various issues. As experts, we believe that knowing the root cause of the injury or pain will allow us to design a personalized treatment plan that works with the specific condition. As well, we believe that everyone is entitled to have a full and proper education of the cause of their injuries, such that clients understand why injuries occur and feel in control of their condition.
In order to cater to each unique individual, treatment usually consists of various techniques plus specialized skills working in conjunction to achieve maximal recovery. The physiotherapist will combine various techniques such as active therapy, exercise conditioning, hands on soft tissue techniques, manual therapy, active and passive stretching, joint mobilization, as well as different modalities such as ultrasound therapy, interferential current (IFC), etc.
Conditions that are treated with Physiotherapy includes the following:
- Sports injuries
- Chronic pain
- Sciatica or nerve impingement
- Degenerative conditions (ex. Degenerative disc disease, Osteoarthritis)
- Motor Vehicle Accident or Car accident related injuries
- Poor posture and scoliosis
- Neck and Back strain (ex. Disc Herniation, Whiplash)
- Ligament sprains (ex. Ankle sprain)
- Repetitive strain (ex. carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow)
- Tight Muscles (ex. ITB syndrome)
- Post operation rehab (ex. arthroscopic shoulder surgery, hip/knee replacement, post fractures)
- Meniscus and ligament injuries (ex. ACL injuries)
- Core weakness
- Mobility issues with stroke or other neurological conditions
What to expect from physiotherapy:
- Reduction of pain
- Improve range of motion of joint mobility
- Reduce muscle tension with increase flexibility
- Improve strength
- Improve overall function and activities of daily living
Meet Our Pickering Physiotherapists!
Amberlea Physiotherapy is home to a number of professional and caring physiotherapists ready to meet with you, including:
- Sherman Mok (MScPT Registered Physiotherapist)
- Yin (Jessi) Li (RMT DAc Massage Therapist)
- Steven Street (RMT)